Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Synthesis Post

Over the past few months I have blogged and discussed about the wonderful field of Athletic Training and what it holds as a profession. Doing this every week has actually improved my understandings of the field of athletic training as well. I feel more prepared for what this field has to offer me in the future. Actually realizing how close they get with their athletic training staff and their athletes are a remarkable and very rewarding feeling. I enjoyed seeing how much the field of Athletic Training has grown and adapted over the years. I'm also impressed that my view of athletic training has grown into a greater and stronger understanding.

In my multiple posts that put into this blog, I've learned that you can go anywhere with an athletic training degree. The most fascinating place that i thought you could go is in the entertainment industry. This was very exciting to hear for me because the entertainment industry includes music, bands, and recording. The reason I found this awesome was because i'm also a musician and knowing that i'd be doing the job I love while working in an environment I love would be the best feeling. This field has also grown to multiple places as well. The possibilities are endless. You can work for the army one day and then in a flash you could also be employed by NASA. Athletic Training is a very promising job in this world.

Growing up back in my hometown my family was very good friends with our athletic trainer from my old high school. She was also the medical science teacher at my old high school as well and i was in multiple classes with her. With always listening to here and having a very close bond I decided that this was the field that interested me the most. The most important advice she gave me was "stay on your toes because this career will need a hundred percent of your participation and focus." Finally understanding why she said this I've grown more into this field and also I grown as a human being as well.

Knowing people that have similar or exact careers is a great way to get your foot in the door. For communicating with my old high school teacher/athletic trainer and also the vice president of the E-STIM organization here at Michigan State University, I've made multiple connections that will help me improve the way I do things and also help me get recognized in the athletic training community. Knowing what this blog actually did for me is amazing. It opened my eyes and made me really understand myself and the field that I want to get into. The research that I looked up for each blog made me learn new stuff about this field and discovered new possibilities as well. I will be staying on the track of athletic training. Once I get into the athletic training program here i'll officially understand the true meaning of an athletic trainer.

Work Citied:
"Athletic Trainers & the Performing Arts." National Athletic Trainers' Association. 4 4 2007: 1-2. Web. 3 Apr. 2014. <http://www.nata.org/sites/default/files/performing-arts_0.pdf>.

Melissa A. Rice. Interview. February 7th, 2014
Brittany Klaus. Interview. February 1st, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment