Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Week #4 Prompt: Observing Community

This week I was asked to go out and find an organization that evolves around my my major. It took some looking around but I have finally found one. The organization that I went to was the E-STIM. It's an Athletic Training organization with a purpose to educate and improve awareness of the athletic training field. Being in this organization also offers athletic training students educational, professional, and a clinical voice pertaining to Michigan State University's athletic training program. They communicate with other athletic trainers around the state by having speakers come to their meetings, having tournament quiz bowls, and a network that they set up so they can communicate with other athletic training establishments around the state.

While I was checking out E-STIM I actually got the chance to talk to the Vice President Dylan Mahoney-Muno for a bit and he actually told me an event that they just took place in. On the 12th of January they used Skype to talk to Julie Monroe, a former graduate from Michigan State University. At the video meeting she talked about how she completed her undergraduate studies at MSU and the pathway she used to complete her athletic training classes. She said that there are many ways to go for the same degree and that every pathway is different but leads to the same goal. Dylan said she was a good source about our degree and that you learn a lot from people who experienced it before us. Actually he invited me to their next meeting and i'm very excited to go!

Here's E-STIM's website so you guys can check it out! http://athletictraining.msu.edu/e-stim/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment