Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Free Response #3: Ankle Taping

In Kin 127 I learned to tape an ankle. The pictures I'm going to show you are also my handy work and you'll see that my taping isn't half bad due to a lot of time practicing it! (Pictures are below)


(The Ankle Wrap)

Ankle sprain is the most common sports injury in the United States. To keep the pressure off of the ankle they wrap it and prevent that much mobility. Depending on how bad the injury to the ankle is, the athlete can be even out for a few weeks until healed.


Beam, Joel. Orthopedic Taping, Wrapping, Bracing, & Padding. 2nd ed. F.A. Davis Company, 2011. 512. Print.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not at all surprised that the ankle sprain is the most common sports injury. I taped a lot of ankles throughout high school. I learned how to do this because I kept spraining my ankles so I had to tape both of mine before every soccer game and practice. The technique you learned looks a lot like the way I learned and your taping skills look really good! Definitely better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I appreciate it! It actually took me quite sometime to get good at this certain taping. As everyone in the world usually says "With practice makes perfect." haha

      Delete